Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quick start and finish....

This is Lily helping me quilt. She has to be on the table looking out the window while I am sewing. When working on little quilts such as this one, it works, but when I have larger quilts on the table she gets demoted to the floor.
This is a little quilt I finished last night about midnight. I love the back! I used a Santorini charm pack from Moda and the pinwheel tutorial on the Moda Bake Shop website, less the prairie points. It is very quick and very fun to make.

Here is the front. I used a white on white flower print to keep the flower theme and the brown has a tiny white polka dot. The binding is green with larger white polka dots.
Below is some of my practice on free motion quilting that is not meandering. I took a class from Judi Dains a couple weeks ago to get some confidence in my free motion quilting without marking. I love the way these flowers turned out. I used a basic white cotton machine quilting thread on the back and then changed the front on the border to a Sulky Rayon variegated purple. It was my first time using rayon to machine quilt and I loved the effect. It has a shine to it that really helps the flowers stand out.

Melody


2 comments:

Moneik said...

Super cute quilt and so fast. I love quick quilts.

Ann said...

Very lovely quilt - I love your choice in colours. I am gald to be in the modern siggy swap with you :)