Friday, April 15, 2011

On the fence...


To buy EQ7 or not to buy EQ7 that is the question.


For those of you who have EQ7 (or 5-6) what is one thing that you can think of that would help sway me to purchase it. What is that one function you have found you can't live without?


For those of you who do not have EQ7, what has stopped you from purchasing it?


I design quilts by sketching them out on graph paper but have found the process a little time consuming if I want/need to change anything about the design. Which happens a lot! My designs are constantly changing or evolving. I'm an accountant by trade so the math is not a big deal to me; however, it would be nice to have it done for me for a change. ;)


Check out the fabulous Doll Quilt that was sent to me this week...

Lexis from Washington DC sent this blue beauty to me along with some thread, a yoyo maker, a fat quarter and an Odyssea charm pack!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Keep checking eBay for a used version of EQ5. You should be able to pick it up for under $70, and it will keep you amused for years.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I have EQ5 and have been debating upgrading, but I find I don't use it alot. Part of it I haven't taken the time to really use it to it's full capabilities. What I have used it for is to figure out how many blocks/borders will I need to make a smaller quilt a bit bigger. I don't worry about the fabric colors or anything. I don't really design quilts either so I probably won't need the upgrade.

Jocelyn said...

I bought EQ6 last year right before the EQ7 came out. Truthfully I have never learned how to use it. I am not very computer savvy, and reading the manual is time consuming. So I've not benefited from it.