Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Something new for 2011

This year I will focus on completing projects.


Not just new projects that I start in the New Year but projects that I have already started. Many things work against me in this goal; one, that I am the world’s biggest procrastinator. (There I said it…. But it doesn’t make me feel any better.) Two, I have yet to clean out or establish any sort of order in my sewing rooms. Yes, rooms. I have made such a mess of my sewing room that I have expanded (exploded) into our bedroom. See above picture of the mess in my bedroom ;)

My modes of inspiration and encouragement will come from two online places; Patchwork Times by Judy L and Stashbuster’s yahoo group. Both are hosting 2011 UFO Challenges. By participating in one, I can easily qualify for the other. The big question is, can I commit to it and finish it?

When finishing these said UFO’s I will be trying out a “no buy” on fabric. I will however be able to purchase some neutral backgrounds, solids, backing and binding fabric, but only fabric to complete the UFO currently being worked on/finished. I must shop my stash first before going to the store.

I can only start something new after I have finished two UFO’s. Finishing includes machine quilting, binding and label. (I have a huge habit of starting and bagging projects, right now I am close to running out of bags, should be a clear warning sign but somehow I keep missing the signs...)


Cue the song (Tesla version) “Oh, Signs, Signs, everywhere there’s signs, blocking up the scenery breaking my mind, do this, don’t do that, can’t you read the sign?”

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on deciding to tackle your UFO pile! It looks like you definately need to start by getting yourself organised and tidied!! Good luck :)
Helen in the UK
fellow Stashbuster