Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Big Diamonds




Big Diamonds is officially finished and Lily is testing it out. I have it on my bed and we have slept under it for 2 nights! It is the largest traditional quilt I have completed to date. I love the colors and fabric (mostly Urban Couture and MoMo from Moda).
I have also been working on some donation quilts for Quilts for Kids . These two just need binding and they will be finished and on their way to new homes.I am on fabric restriction... My stash has been growing over the last couple of weeks so I have plenty to work with for a while Plus my husband has been laid off work for the rest of the year. (He worked in Non-Profit fundraising in California, not a good line of work here in this economy.) He has some odd jobs lined up for my parents and grandparents at the ranch, also some guiding (elk & deer) work in Oregon for the month of September. Sort of a bummer but we will make it work.
We had a weekend trip planned long ago to Fortuna, Eureka and Arcata, CA for this weekend. We have decided to go regardless. We both need a break far from life here at home, even if it is only for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the job loss! Saying a prayer for you and your hubby! Hope you have a great getaway!